NEW LEBANON TOWN ASSESSOR
Kimberly Smith, Assessor
Monday 8:00 am – 12:00 pm & Wednesday 12-2 (by Appointment)
The fastest and easiest way to contact the assessor is via email.
Email: [email protected]
TAXES – The Assessor does not determine tax rates or collect taxes. For information regarding TAXES please call the TAX COLLECTOR. You can view or print your tax bill by following this LINK.
Tammie Darcy, Tax Collector
Lisa Kreutziger, School Tax Collector
New Lebanon CSD
Email: [email protected]
Collector of School Taxes
50 Woodbridge Ave.
Chatham, NY 12037
DEEDS and other PUBLIC Documents are NOT kept in the Assessors office. To view these records please follow this LINK.
NYS Office of Real Property Tax Services (ORPTS)
Columbia County Real Property
New Lebanon Assessment Roll
Assessment & Inventory Data for all Columbia County Municipalities
Deeds and Public Records
Tax Foreclosure Sales
GRIEVANCE DAY INFORMATION
The Wednesday following the last Tuesday in May.
Normal hours are between the hours of 4 pm – 8 pm.
In the year of a Reassessment they may start earlier.
The Board of Assessment Review is a public meeting held once a year in the Meeting room located in the New Lebanon Town Hall.
Complaint forms can be accepted up until the close of the meeting. However, to avoid an adjournment forms should be submitted 3 days prior to Grievance Day to allow time for the Assessor to review. Forms can be mailed, emailed or dropped off at the Town Hall.
AGED– (low income Senior)- sliding scale 5% to 50% based on income must be primary residence
- Town, County and School income limit-$37,400*
- * Town also allows for medical expenses deduction
- * New Lebanon School District-allows for school age children to reside in the home.
- Additional Forms- Renewal Form
Disabled with limited income – sliding scale 5% to 50%- must prove disability and income
- Town, County and School income limit income limit-$37,400
- War vet –- primary residence
- Town taxes -15% of assessed value up to $36,000
- County Taxes – 15 % of Assessed value up to $24,000
- Chatham School District 15% of Assessed Value up to $12,000
Combat Vet – primary residence
- Town Taxes – 25% of assessed values up to $60000
- County taxes – 25% of assessed value up to $40000
- Chatham School District – 25% of Assessed Value up to $20,000
- Disabled Vet– primary residence
- Town Taxes- ½ of the disability rating up to $120,000
- County taxes ½ of the disability rating up to $80,000
- Chatham School District ½ of disability up to $40,000
- Cold War– primary residence- 10 year exemption
- Town and County Taxes – 15% of assessed value up to $12,000
- Disabled Cold War
- Town and County taxes not to exceed $40,000
- Please see link or call the assessor for detailed information
- 305 Long Form
- Renewal form – Lease Form
Forestry Exemption (480a)- must have at least 50 acres and commit to a 10 year plan.
- Please see link or call the assessor for more information.
Assessment Related News